Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Daycare

CC is now officially enrolled in one of the most expensive and hard to get in daycare in San Francisco!
As a new Mom and a now 6 years and counting San Franciscan, I was starting to get a taste of the craziness of San Francisco’s view about daycares, both for babies and for puppies.

At 4 months pregnant, the ink was hardly dry on our pregnancy announcements to our families and friends, we were already warned about how behind we were in signing up for daycare.

“Are you joking?” was my first thought. And no they were not. I did my research and found out, just like colleges, we need to “apply” for those daycares! So I did, made Michael went on one tour, and that was enough for us. We applied to two handfuls of daycares in San Francisco, naively thinking one of them ought to take us by the time CC is out. The keyword was “naively”.

At 2 months old, that is 7 months after applying for his daycare when we didn’t even know his gender, CC was nowhere to be found on the acceptance list of any of these schools! I was nervous! I expanded the area now to also include the cities by my office, and this time personally went to see one.

“Disappointed” was much of an understatement. Okay, in SF, Twilight, our puppy, gets a 3’x5’ room in his daycare. Seriously, a room! He can have his kennel, his bed, his toys all in that room for $55 a night! On the other hand, CC gets a crib that will barely allow him to turn from back to tummy! And it will cost us spanking $2025 a month!

SERIOUSLY!

No comments:

Post a Comment