Wednesday, December 22, 2010

When You Think You Can’t Do It Anymore…

Yes, I am still talking about parenthood. The sad brutal reality is, it is the one thing in this world that there is just no (easy) way out.

At three months old, CC again resist the bottle. Not sure what we are doing wrong, but “dislike” is an understatement. With his first day at daycare looming in exactly one month away, I find myself losing the already very little sleep over it, yet again.

In addition, we are hearing left and right how easy so-and-so’s baby is/was to raise. It makes me wonder, “What are we doing wrong?”

Again, losing even more of the little sleep I get. (And I swear, I was never a worry-wart!)

I shared my worries with our nanny. I also was very honest about our choice of daycare and not her is simply due to cost. Her replies comforted me greatly; and if I ever were religious like she, I would say she is a God-sent.

She told me if daycare doesn’t work out, she could also do sharecare for us and some other family to reduce the cost. In addition, her sharecare price has practically no increase to if she were to care for CC alone! I asked her why so low in price, “I just want to help.” was her simple reply.

So when you think you just can’t do it anymore, you should consider yourself lucky to have others opening doors and windows for you.

Merry Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment