Friday, March 4, 2011

Fifth Month as a Mom


I am quite ashamed. Although I have all the excuses in the world, I definitely have been less than diligent in keeping CC’s journal alive. Actually, come to think of it, this is MY journal which CC has hijacked!

Back to the subject.

Here is the 5th month as a mom.

Daycare


After the fiasco of resisting bottles, looking like poor orphan when Mommy leaves every morning, and eventual first illness, we have definitely turned a new page when it comes to daycare now. CC got a new primary teacher (Yoohoo! we secretly didn’t love the first one.) who absolutely adores him! All the other teachers love hanging with him as well! More importantly, he is enjoying daycare so much, sometimes I think he cries in protest on our drive home! Unfortunately, we may only be at the daycare for three more months…But that’s another topic.

Sleep Training and Battle of the Bottles


One of the most dreaded event in my life. Not because of anything else, but the need to have him “cry it out”. Part of me knows his cry is nothing but words of protest and not psychological trauma, it was still the hardest 45 minutes (or however long) in my life. But, such training wasn’t without any benefit. While he has yet to be sleeping through the night every night (and this is most likely because his demand for milk is surpassing my ability to supply him), he has learned to drink from the bottle very well. We no longer have a starving baby in school! We have also learned to decipher his “words” a little better. Well, money very well spent.

New Job


Well, this is “Fifth month as a MOM”, not “Fifth month as a baby”, right?! Yes, New job. I started a new job with a 4.5 mo. Busy? Most definitely. Crazy? Just ever so slightly. Mistake? Of course not. While I understand my new duty as a Mom and would do everything to play this role well, I also understand I am first and foremost, an individual. I’ve been wanting a new job, something in product marketing, for the last two years. This is my dream-come-true and therefore I will work extra hard to keep it a reality. Yes people have sarcastically teased about how nutty I was to do so, but what else is more important than being happy?! So now one months into the job, I am, still undoubtedly, very content with my choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment